Hackney Town Hall Weddings
Hackney Town Hall is another Art Deco gem and a great shout for your wedding. Unlike many of London’s town halls, you can have the whole day here, if you choose. If you prefer the thought of a town hall ceremony and heading to another venue for your reception, there are a number of great venues nearby, including Clapton Country Club, Shoreditch Studios, and The Roost.
There are 5 rooms in total at Hackney Town Hall: the North Atria and South Atria, the Assembly Rooms (all or partitioned), the Bridgetown Bar, the Committee Rooms, and the Council Chamber. The venue has recently undergone a massive refurb, so some of the spaces are a lot more modern, whereas the Committee Room and Council Chamber retain the original wood panelling and chandeliers, and are a great setting to hold just the wedding ceremony.
Some useful information for weddings at Hackney Town Hall
- How many ceremony rooms are there at Hackney Town Hall? There are a number of spaces to cater for weddings of all sizes. It’s worth noting that although there are number of rooms and spaces are located within Hackney Town Hall, they have separate contact details. The larger spaces – the glass roofed North and South Atria, the dark wood panelled Council Chamber and Committee Room are counted as event spaces and you can see more details and room capacity room capacity on the Hackney Venues website. The Lanchester Suite is for ceremonies only (and small ones at that – it seats 26 guests) and you can find out more on the Hackney Gov Town Hall website.
- How much does it cost to get married at Hackney Town Hall? The price varies depending on the day of the week and the venue booked. The Lanchester Suite will set you back £275 on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and £350 on a Saturday. The larger rooms can be hired either just for a ceremony, and some for the reception too. Find more info and prices here.
- What is the capacity for a Hackney Town Hall wedding? Depending on the room booked, anywhere between 26 guests and 300 guests.
- Great steps for confetti (must be pale coloured and biodegradable) and plenty of space out front away from the road. The venue states that confetti much be thrown at the bottom of the steps, not on it, but there is plenty of space here as it doesn’t go straight onto the road, unlike some town halls.
- 5 minutes walk from Hackney Central Station
Contact details and address for Hackney Town Hall weddings
Telephone: 0208 356 5505
More London Town Halls
If you’re getting married at Hackney Town Hall and would like to enquire about my availability to photograph your day, I’d love to hear from you.