Chelsea Town Hall Weddings
Chelsea Town Hall is a favourite for couples who are having an intimate ceremony due to its bijou rooms. If you have a guest list that exceeds 40, you might want to look at some of London’s other town halls, as the largest ceremony room at Chelsea seats just 38 guests. If you’re planning an intimate wedding with just your nearest and dearest and want to be in the heart of London it may be ideal for you. There are some great restaurants, hotels, and pubs nearby for your reception, such as The Bluebird and The Cadogan.
Chelsea Town Hall, or Chelsea Old Town Hall as it’s officially known, has hosted some starry weddings over the years. Famous faces who’ve said “I do” at Chelsea include footballer Bobby Moore, T.Rex frontman Marc Bolan, Pierce Brosnan, photographer Irving Penn, Sharon Tate & Roman Polanski, and Judy Garland. Perhaps the most famous wedding at Chelsea Town Hall was one which never actually happened. It was rumoured George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin were to marry at Chelsea after they posted their banns there, which had the press in a complete frenzy, camped out on the steps. The town hall essentially had to issue a statement to deny the wedding was taking place and to ask the press to p*ss off so as not to cause disruption for the mere mortals who were actually getting married there that day. For more info on having your wedding or civil partnership at Chelsea Town Hall, read on.
Some useful information for Chelsea Town Hall Weddings
- How much does is cost to get married at Chelsea Town Hall? The price is dependant on the room you book, the time of year, and the time of day. As a rough guide, in the summer months: the Brydon Room is between £565 and £600 Monday-Thursday. Between £585 and £625 on Friday, £745 – £785 on Saturday, and £845 – £885 on Sunday. The Rosetti and Harrington rooms are smaller and therefore a little cheaper (correct as of February 2023).
- How many ceremony rooms are there at Chelsea Town Hall? There are 3 rooms to get married in; The Brydon Room , the Rossetti Room, and the Harrington Room. As a London wedding photographer, I have photographed weddings in all 3 rooms. I have previously photographed a wedding in the main hall, but this was a number of years ago and there is no info about this on their website, other than it being available as a reception venue. You can find more info on the dedicated Kensington and Chelsea wedding website.
- What’s the capacity for weddings and civil partnerships at Chelsea Town Hall? All the rooms are pretty bijou. The largest is the Brydon which seats 38, followed by the Rosetti which seats 12, and finally, the teeny tiny Harrington which seats just 8.
- Iconic steps outside for confetti. Similar to Marylebone Town hall, although the steps there are much wider.
- No parking on site, but taxis can drop off outside, and a Routemaster could pick your wedding guests up there, too.
Contact details and address for Chelsea Town Hall
020 7361 2220
The nearest tube is Sloane Square which is a 10 minute walk.
More London Town Halls
If you’d like to chat about photography for your Chelsea Town Hall wedding, please get in touch below