Why I love photographing weddings at Brunswick House
- A treasure trove of a venue filled with antiques. Downton Abbey meets Flog It.
- So many different rooms, spaces, and colours make it visually exciting for guests (and for photos)
- Brunswick House is full of quirky features which make for interesting documentary photos
- An intimate cellar with exposed brick, cool lights, and a labyrinth of rooms which make it a great spot for a late night party
Brunswick House is an incredible Grade II listed Georgian mansion. Incongruously situated on the roundabout in Vauxhall, and practically next door neighbours to MI6, it is an architectural gem filled with a treasure trove of delights. There are a number of rooms, all with their own individual personality and vibe. You can hire the whole building, or just a floor. It’s well situated for a wedding ceremony at The Asylum and for many of London’s Town Halls, particularly Lambeth, Marylebone and Chelsea.
Some useful information for weddings at Brunswick House
- Venue hire price from £300 – £4500. Catering is extra.
- Capacity – varies by room. Up to 110 for dinner.
- Amazing cellar bar for a late night party. Licensed til 1am
- In-house catering only.
In addition to the unique spaces inside, Brunswick House also has a little roof terrace and a ground level courtyard garden. The architectural antiques inside the house are all for sale – and ever-changing – so the backdrop to your wedding will always be slightly unique. The walls are full of antiquities and interesting old prints, and the staircase is often dotted with wedding guests who stop to read the old Victorian medical posters.
This quietly majestic Georgian gem is chock-full of architectural antiques and salvaged curiosities. The candle-lit dining rooms, vaulted cellar bar, and huge chandeliers give an air of faded grandeur.
Contact details, address, and how to get to Brunswick House
Brunswick House is located on Vauxhall roundabout, a 2-minute walk from Vauxhall tube, rail and bus stations. You can plan your journey if going by public transport, or the closest carpark is St George Wharf a 5-minute walk away. If you like Brunswick House you might also like Paradise by Way of Kensal Green and The Union Club.
If you’re planning your wedding at Brunswick House and would like to chat about your photography, drop me a line