Why I love photographing weddings at Islington Metalworks
- It’s a quirky, industrial venue with a unique history
- The only venue I know of that has a tube carriage as a bar
- The main reception room is a huge, open space, so all your guests are together
- Colourful lanterns, hanging plants, and light-up circus letters are a great focal point and soften the industrial edge
- It’s full of character and a perfect setting for my style of documentary wedding photography
- A glass ceiling on the indoor courtyard means it’s a great venue whatever the weather
Islington Metalworks – also known as its nightclub alter-ego, Electrowekz – is a cool, industrial wedding venue in Islington. It has a late licence of 2am so the ideal venue if you’re party animals who don’t want the music switching off too early. It’s another London wedding venue which has a rich history. Built in the late 19th century, it was originally used to stable the horses that pulled the trams for the very early London Transport. It was converted into a metalworks in 1925, hence it’s name. It’s a unique and photogenic space, great for a big party. It’s also walking distance from Islington Town Hall on Upper Street making it an ideal reception venue for a ceremony there.
Islington Metalworks can provide the catering and the bar for your wedding, and they also let you bring your own caterer in. If you use their catering, there is no hire charge for the venue. This gives you total flexibility. Their in house kitchen can provide kosher and halal catering, too. They have lots of options and wedding packages to choose from and are totally flexible to help you create your ideal day.
Some useful information for weddings at Islington Metalworks
- How much is a wedding at Islington Metalworks? Cost to hire – from £7500 (no charge if in-house catering and bar is used)
- Price per head packages from £125
- Packages include all props and decor set up by the venue
- In-house catering or external catering
- Capacity – 120 for dinner / 500 for reception
- Outside space
- Pets welcome
A former stables for the horses that pulled TfL’s trams, this industrial space has been converted into a quirky wedding venue. With a tube carriage cocktail bar, light up circus letters, and colourful lanterns hung from its glass roof, it’s one of my favourite venues.
Contact details, address, and how to get to Islington Metalworks
Plan your journey on Citymapper. Islington station is 5 minutes walk away, and Kings Cross mainline station just down the road, around 5-10 minutes by car.
If you like Islington Metalworks you might also like the industrial vibe of Clapton Country Club.
If you’re planning your wedding at Islington Metalworks and like my style of documentary photography, I’d love to hear from you.